More About Me....
Melissa is a Colorado native; growing up in Evergreen and now living in Denver's hottest Highlands /Berkeley neighborhood. She specializes in helping familes move to the mountains, and/or finding a new urban lfestyle in Denver. She has been devoted to working with Coldwell Banker Residential for 4 years and, along the way, has gained several awards of recognition for her outstanding preformace and positive client feedback.
As the first residential Realtor in the state to earn her LEED AP accredidation (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, Accredited Professional by the Unites States Green Building Council USGBC), Melissa is at the forefront of green and sustainable real estate. She helps clients buy and sell energy efficient homes, and will provide superb insight into what a home needs to lower its utility bills.
Melissa works intimately with Colorado's first Net Zero Energy Community - Geos Neighborhood - as a sales, marketing, and consulting team member. See www.discovergeos.com for more information.
Melissa is an active board member of Colorado's Congress for New Urbanism. She is also current with ULI and Emerging Green Builders in Denver. Additionally, as if her full time real estate career is not enough, Melissa is also working towards earning her Master's degree in Urban Planning at CU Denver. She is never short of energy, enthusiam, knowledge and patience.
Increasing Equity Through Efficiency
In working with buyers and sellers I guarantee top service by providing thorough market analysis, honesty, and patience.
I promise to listen to what your lifestye needs and your motivation to buy or sell.
Marketing and advertising savvy. I keep with the cutting edge of technology and will market your home to the right audience through various mediums.
Evergreen, Colorado native, Denver Highlands neighborhood homeowner. I can help you find the right home to fit your Colorado lifestyle - mountain and urban alike
Increasing Equity Through Efficiency - Green market specialist. LEED homes, Built Green and Energy Star expertise
Certified EcoBroker. As an EcoBroker, I provide a better understanding of energy opportunities and environmental issues as they relate to your real estate decisions. www.ecobroker.com
USGBC LEED Accredited Professional (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) www.usgbc.org. Graduate of CSU Green Homes Certificate Program
- Energy Efficient, Green Homes
- Urban Infill Development Projects
- Luxury Properties
- Vacation/Second Homes
- First Time Buyers
- One Percent for the Planet member
- Active member of our community - Board of Directors for Art for the Mountain Community (Evergreen, CO)
- Part-time travel guide for Butterfield and Robinson www.butterfield.com
- Outdoor enthusiast - skier, runner, biker, aspiring gardner.... and more
Education and Training
- Master's canidate in Urban and Regional Planning through University of Colorado's Achiteciture and Planning School in Denver. Graduation May 2010
- Graduate of University of Colorado with a double major in Economics and International Affairs, with Business Administration minor
Areas of Expertise
- urban, walkable neighborhoods
- new construction "green" projects
- mountain property - wells, septics and surveys
- first time buyers
- LEED Homes, Built Green, Energy Star
- neighborhood development - Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning
Communities I Serve
- Denver Metro
- Specialize in Highlands, Berkeley, Baker, Platte Park, Wash Park, City Park, Whittier and Curtis Park
- Evergreen, Conifer, Golden mountain property
- Have worked in Castle Rock, Parker, and Boulder
Awards And Designations
LEED AP, EcoBroker, CNU Colorado Member